Coronavirus update: 23 March 2020
In a letter from Sue Stone, the WFWI Chair, all WFWI events up to the end of June have now been cancelled. We will endeavour to re-arrange some of these events later in 2020 or 2021. Please look at the WFWI What’s on page,
Please email us with ideas and examples of how you are keeping in touch with each other and photographs of projects and activities you have been doing during this challenging time.
Coronavirus update: 18 March 2020
WFWI events cancelled or postponed. Please look at the WFWI What’s on page to pick up which WFWI events have been cancelled or will be re-scheduled either later in 2020 or in 2021,
Denman has postponed all courses and member events that were scheduled to run until 12 April 2020. They will be reviewing all future courses again in a weeks’ time and will update us accordingly.
Coronavirus update: 17 March 2020
The General Secretary of the National Federation of WIs, Melissa Green, has published an update of guidance following the change in government advice yesterday afternoon. Follow the link or download the advice here.
The NFWI appreciates what a stressful time this is and how many questions it raises for everyone so please do say if they can provide any support. This is a challenging and unprecedented time for all of us, but remember that we are at our best when we work together and support each other.
Go to NHS 111 for more information and advice if you think you have symptoms.
Do you want to …?
- Make new friends
- Find new interests and learn new skills
- Boost your confidence
- Be inspired to try something new
- Do something you enjoy with friends
- Become involved in the local community
- Get out and about and visit places of interest
- Be a part of a movement with the power to change things for the better
Yes? You’ve come to the right place. Why not join the WI?
As well as all that, you will be able to…
- Make your voice heard on subjects that are important to you
- Discuss and vote on national resolutions
- Support national campaigns and initiatives
- Receive national, regional and local newsletters, magazines and mailings
- Have access to the WIs on-line learning programme
WI members are any or all of:
- wanting to learn
- a community